Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Suck it up

It's as though at least one other person in my firm knows I'm starting a blog, cause they've given me something to write about.

I was in the men's room a little bit ago and this guy comes into the stall next to mine. I pay no mind. Then I notice that he never turns around to assume the sitting position (which on these toilets is harder than it needs to me... they're so low to the ground, every time I sit down, I swear my knees are at my ears... but I digress). So he's facing the far side of the stall, the side with the toilet paper dispenser. I think "Hmm, that's weird". Then I hear a single, strong, quick snort. Followed shortly thereafter by assorted noises from his mouth and noise that he was clearly trying to be discreet about. Followed by a flushing of the toilet (mind you, he hadn't actually used the toilet to the best of my knowledge). Followed by him waiting around as I left the stall, washed my hands and left the room.

The shocking thing about this is that I am pretty sure this is the first time that I have consciously noticed anyone using cocaine in my presence. I'm sure I've been around it, I'm sure it's probably been snorted while I was feet away. I just tend not to notice things like that. And not having any interest in coke myself, why would I?

Anyway, chalk it up to my first cocaine experience in the big city - only a year and a half to reach this milestone... what's next? Surely I'll be getting mugged or something like that...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home